Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I like these things

Because the last couple of blogs have been "downers," I decided to focus my mind on things I like (aside from the given family, friends, etc.). Call me a hipster if you must... but each of these things touches something in me, resonating nostalgia, love, peace, beauty, connectedness, something--something good.


Trees
Dresses
Polaroids
Lace
French
Type writers
Bows
Fall Colors
Scarves
Laughing
The beach in the winter
Lavender scent
Flowers: lilacs, orchids, lilies, tulips, gardenias, etc.
Folk music
Feathers
Clothes lines
Dessert
Clip-on earrings
Dryer sheets
Water colors
Museums
Books
Cafe Au Laits
Windows
Art journals
Pearls
Details
Crayola Super-Tip Washable Markers
Malbec wine
Writing
Singing Tracy Chapman in my car with my sunglasses on and the windows down.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list, it makes my job easier now....smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this...you've motivated me to make my own list. :) We happen to like many of the same things so I think that we should make a day of it sometime soon: Start out with going out to a cafe wearing our favorite dresses to enjoy cafe au lait. Then later (after an afternoon of reading among some trees) we can laugh and play folk music and speak french while drinking some Malbec wine. And then we can take a polaroid picture of us eating dessert...sound good? let me know when you are free.

    ReplyDelete