Thursday, November 4, 2010

Teeth-lettes Express Themselves

I had another crazy dream.
My teeth were falling out. Well, a little more than that. It went something like this:

One of the teeth on the left side of my mouth sort of loosened and crumbled into sharp teeth pieces in my mouth. Oh my gosh! My teeth are falling out! Not AGAIN! So I run to the restroom (which happens to be a men's restroom) because I can feel blood and more and more shards of teeth-lettes in my mouth and I'm gagging and my mouth is filling up with more and more of this mess. So I get to the restroom and two guys are in there, just hanging out. And I bend over the sink and start spitting the teeth shrapnel out of my mouth but more and more fill my mouth and I can't get all of them out. It's overwhelming and I'm gagging and one of the guys is like, "Hey, are you alright?" So he comes over and the sink is FULL of water and teeth pieces. "What is this," he asks, "PVC pipe fiber glass?" And then he takes a piece (that doesn't look anything like a tooth) and bites it. I'm freaking out because this guy is eating my teeth pieces and I can't answer him because I'm using my hands now to try to empty my mouth. More and more shattered teeth until I wake up.

According to dream2live.com (I know. I just googled, "What does it mean when you dream about your teeth falling out?"), this type of dream is fairly common. Here's the analysis: A dream about one's teeth falling out usually means and symbolizes that the dreamer is having a hard time or a challenge getting their voice heard, their ideas acknowledged or feelings responded to. Now, despite the poor grammar, I'll go ahead and run with this analysis. I've had other dreams where I can't speak even though I'm really trying because of something that I can't expel from my mouth. It was a truffle once; this time, it was teeth.


So, here/hear. There are things I apparently need to say!
I want a vacation.
I miss my best friend.
Working with foster students doesn't always justify a four or five hour commute.
I miss spinning class--often.
I want to write more.
I want to art more.
I like cooking.
I miss my grandma.
People need to stop dying.
I'm tired. Very very tired.
I have clothes on my floor.
I need to make my "Big Girl List" (the list of allt he things I need to do but don't really want to do):
1. Make an appointment with the dentist...

No comments:

Post a Comment